You probably know by now that membership on seekBromance.com is currently limited to three countries: the US, Canada, and the UK. However, it’s always been our goal for members to have the same access to the site and its services even when they’re traveling outside those countries.
Recently, because of high rates of hacking attempts and of various online scams, we decided it was necessary to block access to a small number of countries. Don’t worry: it’s still possible for you as a member to keep accessing the site if you travel to one of these places.
To make sure you can reach seekBromance.com overseas, you should take the following steps:
- Before you go, open a support ticket on our help site. You will need a separate account for this, but you can open one free (if you don’t already have one) by clicking the “Sign up” link.
- Put the following details in your ticket:
a. Your seekBromance login ID
b. The country or countries you’ll be visiting
c. The dates you plan to arrive and to leave
- When you reach your hotel, or wherever you will be staying, go online and find your IP address. You can do this on a number of web sites, such as iplocatio.net.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your seekBromance login ID and this IP address.
- We will turn on your access at this address as soon as possible.
- If you’re hopping around multiple countries, rinse and repeat steps 3 and 4.
Please note that it might take us several hours to respond to an email, so there’s probably no point in doing this at a coffee shop, or anywhere you don’t plan to be online again in at least a day or two.
Safe travels, and happy bromancing!
-The Blog Dude